Out-of-State Background Checks

What if I live — or used to live — in a different state?

People who provide child care in Connecticut and lived in another state or territory during the past five years will have registries checked in Connecticut  and all other states where they have lived.

I live in Connecticut but provide child care in a different state. How can I get a Connecticut background check result?

People who currently or previously lived in Connecticut within the past five years and now provide child care in another state will need to check the Connecticut DCF, sex offender, and criminal registries as part of their background check.

Last updated December 11, 2020